Travel the World Dangerously (with Andrea Wien!) or The Aleppo Pepper
Airline tickets. Sights. Sounds. Instagram posts with way too many likes. This can be your life -special guest Andrea Wien (host, author, business lady, and wine drinker) shows us how, plus covers:
- How do you travel effectively?
- How do you travel when you're shit-house broke? Where do you stay? When do you buy airline tickets?
- If you're a guy, and all your guy friends rent a cabin in the woods, should you make out with them?
- Why are some world travelers unhappy?
- How do you calibrate between a safe trip and a dangerous trip?
Who is Andrea Wien?
- She's awesome. She's a host, author, business lady and wine drinker. She's the author of the book "Gap to Great: A Parent's Guide to Gap Year", she's got a podcast (oh yeah!) Gap to Great, and you can find her work here. Highly recommended.
- A good primer to Socioemotional selectivity Theory if you want to go down that rabbit hole.
- The Social Animal by David Brooks - you can find the Bob and Carl analogy there (the names are different in the book). Plus, it's an incredible read.
- We had a lot of links in this episode that'll help you travel more effectively (all mentioned by Andrea). Here they are: Hostel World, Couchsurfing, Legal Nomads, U.S. International Travel Warnings, Nomadic Matt, Chris Guillebeau
Production Team and Credits
Special Guest: Andrea Wien
Host, Producer, Editor, Sound Design, Research: Mohnish Soundararajan
Co-Host: Kevin Sanji
Feedback: Vysali Soundararajan
Music: Electric Mantis