"9 out of 10", or Decoding Tinder and Bumble
Downloading Tinder and Bumble is the easy part. We cover the hard part (not that hard part). On the Season Finale, Mohnish, Kevin, and Armi talk:
- Why do women and men have vastly different experiences on Tinder, even though it's the same app?
- What's the #1 mistake most guys make with online dating apps?
- Is Tinder and Bumble worth your time?
- What are Mohnish and Kevin's most ridiculous Tinder lines and did they work? (The short answer: No, no, and no)
- And more, all on this episode.
Research, Fun Stuff, and More
- The body of research centered around online dating is growing. But one book tackles this topic really well - Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance. The graphs (featured in the podcast) showing the rise in online dating (for both hetero and homosexual couples) are in this book and they're pretty.
- Here's a solid breakdown of the research surrounding Tinder and the science behind it (plus, conflicting viewpoints). My favorite point: No matter where you meet, online or offline, your relationship can be great regardless. Doesn't really matter how it happens - just that it happened.
- The Helping Joe series of The Mating Grounds is probably one of the best podcasts of all time - if not, the best. When it comes to podcasts (from shows like Startup to This American Life), there's better-produced radio, better quality, etc. I get that. But the only podcast that's ever made me take a hard look at my life and change not just me, but all the co-hosts on this show for the better, is this one. If you're a guy, and you take one recommendation from this podcast, let this be it. Also, HUGE credit to Joe. Dude's got balls.
Credits and Special Thanks
Main Host: Mohnish Soundararajan
Co-Hosts: Kevin Sanji and Armi Legge
Research and Editing: Mohnish Soundararajan
Content Ideation and Feedback: Mohnish Soundararajan, Vysali Soundararajan, Justine Brumm
Music: CJ Beats