Why Are We Obsessed with Snapchat? or Confessions of a Snapchat Celebrity (with Virginia Salas Kastilio!)
Everyone is losing their minds. Flat out - we're obsessed with Snapchat. But why? Why do we use it the way we use it? And why did our special guest used to receive 40 "below-the-belt" pics a day from random strangers? Well - ladies, gents - we've got answers. Special guest Virginia Salas Kastilio and the guys cover:
- The reality of becoming a Snapchat celebrity
- Why are we obsessed with Snapchat?
- The evolutionary and social underpinnings of why we use Snapchat
- How does Kevin use Snapchat?
- Also: how much ridiculous, dramatic music can Mohnish get away with?
And more, all on this episode.
Who is Virginia Salas Kastilio?
- Virginia really blew me away with how fun it was to talk to her. She's got a t-shirt brand which is based in an interesting idea: you see someone wearing the shirt, you give them a hug. Here's the link.
- She's the founder and CEO of the very first (not kidding) Snapchat consulting agency. If you want to grow a product launch, your business, or any other pet project, and you think Snapchat can help you get there, she's actually the best in the biz.
- We also alluded to Virginia's fame. Here's her username: ginicanbreathe. Add her!
- Signaling Theory baby! We've talked about it a billion times, but here's a breakdown of the idea.
- Here's a wonderful breakdown of the pros and cons of fame. Very insightful essay.
- Cornell study which shows the differences in the way we use Snapchat vs. other social media platforms.
Production and Credits
Host, Producer, Editor, Sound Design, Research: Mohnish Soundararajan
Co-Host, Editor: Kevin Sanji
Feedback: Jarrod Sport, Kevin Sanji, and Justine Brumm
Intro Music: Electric Mantis